DIY dementor mousepad - Harry Potter tutorial



In this tutorial I’ll show you how to make Harry Potter mouse pads. A 9 3/4 design, the deathly hallows and one with a dementor. I hope you enjoy it and let’s get started!

Here’s what you need:

Thick Foam rubber, a mouse pad blank or an old mousepad you don’t need anymore
Sheet labels or self adhesive paper
A printer
Xacto or craft knife and cutting surface
Paint; I used acrylic paint and sealed it with modpodge but I recommend using fabric pens or permanent markers
Brushes
And if you used acrylic paint then modpodge


Here’s how it’s done:

Choose and print out one of the templates. Dementordeathly hallows9 3/4
I had a self adhesive foil which my printer didn’t really like but it had paper on the back so I just printed the flipped image onto that.

Use your Xacto knife to cut out the grey shape. Don’t throw away the scraps yet.

Peel the back layer off the main paper and carefully place it on the mat. Make sure that there are no bubbles or folds. Then use the scraps as a reference to see where the smaller shapes should go. Press everything in place.

Put some color onto a palette or scrap and use quick dabs to fill in the spaces. Like I already said, this will need to be sealed with mod podge in order to work as a mouse pad. So I recommend using fabric markers instead and simply filling in the design.

Once the paint has dried, cut the foam rubber to the right shape and peel away the paper. You should have nice, crisp edges.
I now sealed it with 3 coats of modpodge.

And you’re done!






0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Follow me!

Meet The Author

Welcome to Potter Crafts! A world, where I make everything Harry Potter and the clouds are shaped like lightning bolts. Here is where I try combining my favorite novels (HP, duh!) with beauty and usefulness. I started my YouTube channel in April 2015 with the goal to share my crafts with the world. I’m always open for new inspiration, criticism, ideas and everything that you might want to tell me. So please, have a look around, leave a comment or two and enjoy!